Friday, August 7, 2009

Book Review - Twilight

I just finished reading my daughters book Twilight. I wanted to see what all the" hoopla" was about. I'm probably the last person on earth to read it. I had started it about a year ago and got board with it. But Kenzie said the last part of the book was the best, and I'd have to agree it did get better. The book was better than the movie, but isn't that the way it always is. I give this book 1/2 thumbs up. Too much romantic mush for me.

Bio on the Author:

Stephenie Meyer was born in Hartford, Connecticut, to Stephen and Candy Morgan. She grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, with five siblings: Seth, Emily, Jacob, Paul, and Heidi. She attended Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she then attended Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, where she received a B.A. in English in 1995.[10] Meyer met her husband Christian, nicknamed "Pancho", when she was growing up in Arizona, and married him in 1994. Together they have three sons: Gabe, Seth, and Eli.

The Twilight novels have gained worldwide recognition, won multiple literary awards and sold over 70 million copies worldwide,[1] with translations into 37 different languages around the globe.[2][3] A film adaptation of Twilight was released in the United States on November 21, 2008. Meyer is also the author of the adult science-fiction novel The Host.

Meyer was named USA Today's "Author of the Year" in 2008.[4] She was also the biggest selling author of the year, having sold over 29 million books in 2008 alone,[5][6] with Twilight being the best selling book of the year.[7] Meyer was ranked #49 on Time magazine's list of the 100 Most Influential People in 2008,[8] and was also included in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list of the world's most powerful celebrities in 2009, entering at #26 with annual earnings exceeding $50 million.[9]


2 comments:

Diane... said...

Rita insisted we listen to Twilight on our Utah trip....INTERESTIING!!! We got to book 3 on the CD's and then we were home...I wanted to do another trip right away...she had to fill me in on it but I don't think I'll need to hear the rest....I'm reading Alexander McCall Smith's THE NO.1 LADIES DECTECTIVE AGENCY. Ellen D., my visit teacher, gave it to me to read and I give it several thumbs up!!! Now I have to get busy on this months book club selection!!!

Debbie said...

I am with you on the review...although I did fall into the trap of "series" reading and have read them all. I wouldn't say that they really get better as much as I just learned to expect less in them. Diane's book sounds fun. I'll have to check that one out.