Monday, June 7, 2010

More Green Acres Stuff

This is a Nordic Pine I purchased several years ago at Frys Grocery Store. I had it in a pot on my front porch where it grew so big I put it outback amongst the citrus trees. It likes shade and can get a bit frost bite. But I love it's delicate branches and would love to have a little forest of them growing by the irrigation gate. Speaking of irrigation....it's wonderful but a hassle at times if not working or if you get it in the middle of the night. But in the summer we flood our backyard every two weeks and in the winter it comes once a month. I think that's why the Citrus and roses do so well, they love that deep water.
This is St. Patrick's Tea Rose. It has a tinge of green when it first starts blooming and then turns this buttery yellow.
I have this sunflower growing in a pot. It's called a teddybear sunflower. Grows about 2 ft. tall.
These are mums you can get from the grocery store and I planted them and they come back every year. I have them as a border flower along the grass.
More sunflowers....can you tell my favorite color is yellow.

No comments: