Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering WWII

I allready did a post last year on Memorial Day. But my brother sent me a couple new pictures I wanted to post just to keep them in my blog. This is my dad who was an Ensign in the Navy during WWII.
This is his ship "LST 264 which would transport troops and machinery.

My moms favorite picture of my dad. Quite a handsome guy!
Much needed rec. time aboard ship.
He drove to California from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois on a 10 day leave to get married. Then flew back to Norfolk, Virginia and 27 months duty on the LST 264.

3 comments:

Diane said...

your boys look alot like their grandpa...so handsome!! I believe my dad was at Norfork too and it is a small world....they probably knew each other :)

Debbie said...

what fun to see pictures of your family. i can definitely see some of your children's features in your dad...i think it's the eyes.

ivette said...

He is a looker! Reminds me of Jon.