Thursday, June 4, 2009

Helpful Hints

Our Relief Society had a great Enrichment Night. Everybody came with a helpful hint to share.
I wanted to write down the ones I liked so I wouldn't forget.

If you have a TOOTHACHE: gargle and rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide.

Pick up wax stain: Iron over a paper sack and it picks up the wax.

Red Stain in Carpet: Windex spot and Iron on top of a wash cloth.

Ball Point pen stain: Spray area with hair spray with acetone in it.

Clean your face and Hair Rinse: Use Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with water. (I tried it on my hair and it made it silky smooth.

Ant Bites: Adolph Meat Tenderizer with some water to make a salve or tape a penny
to the area.

Keep Cilantro Fresh: rinse with water and keep a paper towel along with the Cilantro in a
ziploc baggie.

Dry Skin: Rub olive oil on skin. Kenzie did this and loved it and said I never will have to buy
skin lotion again.

Keep Celery Fresh: Wrap in tin foil and will keep for two weeks.

Teach your kids from scriptures: Let them Draw pictures of the story with colored pencils on
the pages.

Cut hot brownies without clogging the knife: Use a plastic knife. It smoothly glides through it.

Getting corn hair off the cob: Wipe it off with a dry dish towel.

So their you have it.....some helpful hints to make your life a little bit easier and joyful.

2 comments:

Diane... said...

Thanks for posting these....I took notes but lost them so I'm glad for this record....fun times, wish I had sat with you tho cause times with you are always fun!!!

Debbie said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you posted these. With us working in the temple on Tues and Wed, I never get to attend Enrichment and was sad that I was going to miss out on all of the helpful hints.