Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tour De Phoenix 2010

Tour De Phoenix

Jon, Derek and Rick all rode in the Tour De Phoenix today. The race was 72 miles starting at Red Mountain high School and going up and over Fountain Hills and over to Sagauro Lake and up the backside of Usary Mountain. They did great with Derek coming in 17th overall (amazing with just under 6 month of riding after his mission), Jon got 33rd (I think he tired himself out after coming in first over the top of Shea Blvd.) and Rick came in 4th of the 50 plus age group. I'm so proud of my guys. There was over 1,000 riders doing the 72 mile race.
Ivette is such a trooper getting up early to see the guys start. She will soon be having that cute baby girl in May and she's still teaching Biology in Jr. High.Derek didn't pass up a free massage after the race. You can see where his wounds are of a recent crash last week from hitting a cattle guard on the Beeline Hwy. Went head over heals.Next week will be Pat's Run and Danny and Lachelle and Mackenzie me and Rick are running under the Family Team Name "Flying Green Burritos". I don't think I'll be doing any "flying" more like "Burro" pace. But this will be my 3rd year in a row doing it. I actually got on my bike this week and rode 21 miles up and over Las Sendas. Didn't feel too bad since I've been going to the gym all winter and enjoying the spinning classes.

No comments: