Thursday, December 4, 2008

Annual Change Your Age Day







It always comes around, nothing you can do about it. Your friends try to console you, but deep down inside I'm never happy to see it come. I just realized the year I was born is how old I am this year! So I'm turning it into a positive note and am going to say this year is my luckiest year yet. It's so lucky because I have so many wonderful friends and family. Thank you everyone for all your well wishes and gifts. The week started out with a great breakfast at T.C. Eggington's with our ladies from Young Women's, thanks to Louisa for another great time. I got crazy with the camera and drew a smiley face on the eggs and then a sad face for those that couldn't come. I had a yummy birthday lunch with my neighbor and great friend, Darla. We ate at Tia Rosa's and I had my favorite (shrimp tacos). My 2 month old grandbaby Carson came over to help me celebrate and Diane G. and Darla came over to talk baby talk and show me the ropes of being a terrific gramma; like they are. They got Carson to smile and goo-goo for the camera. I had Young Women's tonight and they showered me with more gifts and cupcakes. Jane B. came for the last time and was priviledged to get one of her famous designer aprons that she makes. I hope I can do justice to the apron and cook up some delicious gourmet meals like she does. We'll miss you Jane and Ally, best of luck in your new ward. Hope they treat you nicely. Thank you everyone for helping me get through this day. Remember to "Bloom where your planted" no matter what stage your in (bud, blossom or wilting).

2 comments:

jt said...

Oh my, that grandbaby is darling. I'm glad you had a good birthday, you deserve it. We're going to miss seeing you at church! We'll have to make up for it in lunches. Very funny egg pics.

Lachelle said...

What a darling grandbaby! Oh wait - that's my son, so I'm a little biased :) I am loving your apron though! Very chic, just like you!