Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tomatilla Salsa and other Secret Recipe favorites




I gave out chips and green tomatilla salsa again this year for my holiday neighborhood and friends gift. It was requested that I do this every year. I was very surprised at all the rave reviews, people going crazy over the stuff. This recipe is my daughter-in-law Lachelle's mothers recipe. It's not a secret and is better than Rosa's green salsa. You can find all the secret recipes from restaurants on the website: www.recipegoldmine.com/cct/cct.html My favorites include Sonic's Cherry Limeade, TGI Friday's Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip and PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They all taste like the real thing and you make them right at home.

Here is the simple "Better Than Rosa's Tomatilla Salsa" Recipe:
28 oz. can tomatilla (green tomatoes) drained, buy at Bashas or Food City 1/2 bunch cilantro
1/4 cup sugar
4 slices from a can of nacho jalapenos slices (pickled)
Blend it all together, refrigerate in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Diane... said...

With all of your recent catering experience you could become another Rachel Ray, Paula or Galloping Gourmet!! call it "NO NONSENSE WITH NANCY" or something...THANKS for sharing your great receipe (and that site)..I'll for sure be making your famaous tomatilla salsa....SO GOOD!