Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Spread






I tried a couple new dishes for Thanksgiving. Stuffed mushrooms from my good friend Dolores.
She's 100% Italian from Massachusetts. Then I tried the 12 layer jello from my daughter in law Lachelle (it took all day to make). I loved both of these recipes and will keep them as a tradition. I always seem to try out new recipes I've never done before. One was the green bean casserole with water chestnuts and mushrooms. I liked it but not a big hit with the crowd. What everyone loved was the orange rolls from Gramma Green and the Sweet Potatoe Casserole I'm going to claim. Danny made a pumpkin pie that wasn't really pumpkin but butternut squash pie that tasted better than pumpkin. Ivette made her famous French Apple Pie. The turkey was cooked in a turkey roaster and in a turkey bag. I had it in there about 4 1/2 hours and it still wasn't done. Next year I won't stuff the turkey if it in the turkey roaster. Two ovens would really be a help. But you just have to bloom where your planted and make due.

1 comment:

Diane... said...

You put on a good spread ... the feast and then "spread"ing the love with your California family GOOD JOB girlfriend!!!!