Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Rick with a Picnic in the Park





January 19th is the day Rick was born into this world one month after me or he would say one year after me. He is always reminding me I'm a year older but we're just a month apart. (Just different years). Are you thoroughly confused or do I need to say it over one more time....January 19th is also the day Rick proposed to me, aah so sentimental. I love you Rick. I fell totally in love with Rick when we were riding bikes down Provo canyon and I looked back and saw his beautiful hair blowing in the wind, (nobody wore helmets back then), and he still has that beautiful hair. I would still love him if he lost his hair. Now isn't that a coincidence that bicycles are such a big part of our lives still. What I also love about Rick is his sense of humor, he loves to make people laugh and have a good time. Especially in dull boring church meetings. What I also love about Rick is that he is a neat nick. I NEVER have to pick up after him unlike all my children. He also can clean a kitchen up better than I can or anybody else by that matter. What I love about Rick is that he can fix anything with wheels on them, cars, bikes, motorcycles etc. He always gives me a kiss and hug before he goes to work which I love and he always loves to take me out on a date even after 30 years of marriage. He is my best friend and I love him so much. We had a fun little Birthday picnic on Saturday at Candlelight park. Even though he could only walk on crutches he still made the best of it and enjoyed holding his grandbaby Carson. The newest pride and joy of his life. He is a wonderful father and grandfather and had always upheld his church callings. He's worked in many Bishoprics, High Councils, Young Men callings, served a mission in Argentina, helped all his boys get their eagles and go on missions and now is in the Singles Ward Bishopric. He is always full of energy and has run in marathons, triathalons, 100 mile bike races. He is a real estate broker and has run his own commercial real estate company, S-G Mgt. for 25 years. He will do anything for anybody. I am so proud to call him my husband. Your the best! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Diane... said...

HAPPIEST YEAR TO YOUR RICK!!! and to you Nancy!! What a great birthday bash you provided for them all!! Is the Arboretem really fun?

Diane... said...

I mean Botanical Gardens....you are a fantastic photographer Nancy!! I'm thinking of taking a class...also, getting a new camara!

Debbie said...

Happy belated birthday to Rick. I'm not so sure about 50's being nifties but it is nice to arrive at this point in life and know that we can coast downhill from now on! haha (Right!) Oh well at least we are all in the same boat together and can enjoy the ride.