Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine

NOW
You come to a point in your life where you could go two ways. I'm at that point of no return. I could either give up and just keep on eating my chocolate chip cookies and chocolate bars or get mean and mad and fight the urge to nibble on the good stuff.
If I nibble on the good stuff I'll just keep getting fatter or I could get mean and mad and resist that chocolate, get up at 4:30 and hit the gym and eat healthy. At my age it gets harder and harder to keep it off, and I seem to get lazier and lazier and not want to put my body through any more pain. But my son Jon came over tonight and said he's going to loose 30 lbs. My eyes perked up and I wanted to loose 30 lbs with him. But then I asked him how he was going to do that. He said ride his bike 2 hours a day, swim for an hour and go to the gym for an hour all in the same day. Well I balked at all his suggestions and said I would try and not eat the good stuff and maybe tomorrow I'll hit the gym for an hour. Well it's not going to happen. I need to get MEAN and MAD at myself and
change my attitude. So if any of my friends out there who take me to lunch or have chocolate cake at Young Womens activities, please help me to resist the good stuff. And I really need the help. Oh, and since I haven't been to the gym for so long and am overweight I pulled my back out last week. Another reason to keep working out and loose the weight. Wish me luck!

LATER

3 comments:

Bradford Bunch said...

My ward is having a "Biggest Loser" workout every Mon, Wed, and Fri. Come over at 8:00 to my ward building and workout with us.

Diane... said...

I'm at the point of no return...and I'm fighting that urge!! THANKS for the motivation....I'm not doing the 4:30 thing!! but I'll go to lunch and NOT tempt you with chocolate cake, etc. When's good?!

Anonymous said...

You did good last week at the gym at 500. That's the only day I made it. I think my girlish figure days are gone and I'm trying to be happy knowing there are some people that wish they were my size, while I'm wishing I was Noel's size. Want to borrow some youngsters to ride & run with?