Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oh...... Rubbish

I've heard my mom use the word "rubbish" to mean trash. Derek's said it in his email's a few times to mean something not good (I think). I just wanted to post this picture to show what rubbish comes out of my garden. There's rose clippings from the 51 rose bushes, a little bit of citrus trees, and ficus trees, apple trees, peach trees and pear trees all thrown onto this big long trailer. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It's ALOT of rubbish. I even had Rick cut a few big branches with the chain saw. It was a funny sight, with his two gimpy legs, he would hold the chain saw while I would hold him up. It got kind of dicey, after a branch hit him in the head. I've missed his help this year. I don't mind cutting up the trimmings but it's the stuffing it in the trash or throwing it on the trailer that I don't like. Rick would always be nice and do that part for me. But I'm finally done, at least the cutting part. I can't feel my arms and hands but that to will pass. Now I can't wait for spring to come with all the citrus tree blossoms to smell. We've been enjoying our orange trees. I have two Valencia's and have been squeezing as fast as I can. Michael and Jon, especially Jon think about the fresh orange juice all day and come over a couple times a day to get a tall glass. I call it "God's Gold" it takes alot of oranges to just make one glass.
I have alot of pink grapefruit just going to waiste if anyone wants some, just come on back and pick it.

No comments: