Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cochise Classic Bike Race - Douglas AZ

This is the start of the 92 mile bike race down in Douglas Arizona. It's called the "Cochise Classic". This is Jon's 2nd year in a row riding and Derek's first year. Rick's done this race probably 10 times. They all did well Jon coming in 13th overall and Rick and Derek probably 9 minutes behind him.
Here's Jon still smiling on the ride.
Jon and Ivette at the end of the race. Ivette and I passed off food and water bottles while I drove the whole course. It was tedious driving and sometimes down right dangerous trying to maneuver in and out of cars and bikes. I'm getting too old for this kind of stuff!!
Another one of my chores after the ride. Derek doing a deep stretch.
Every one hashing over the race. Something bike riders tend to do after every ride.
On our way home we saw this cute doggie side car called "Hawgdog". They were darling.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ok, so I am smiling up a storm right now at you helping Derek to stretch after the race!!! Gosh that boy is pretty flexible!! Looks like it was fun for all.

Diane... said...

good job Nancy...you are the best supporter!! I'm going to try some of your "techniques" after my peoples hikes,marathons, etc.