Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween "Boo Boo"

Pumpkin Carving - I love to get the seeds and bake them with lots of salt and butter.
Kenzie co-hosted a Halloween Party with 3 other friends Friday night. This is Cedric who was manning the music and has his own DJ business.
This is Gina (Moriah's mom) the party was at her house. The night is still young and fresh
and we are still happy.
I'm estimating about 75-100 people showed up. That's why I'm glad it wasn't at my house.
The boys hovered around the food the whole night. We had pizza, nacho's, bbq meatballs, and various desserts. We did run out of pop and water. We rented a blow up jumping haunted castle
that they played on and they basically danced and stood around and talked in the cold. It was 54 degrees. I sat by the fire most of the night. It was a long night for me. Rick drove over the night before to go motorcycle riding with Shawn his buddy up in the High Desert in California. He crashed his motorcycle and thought he dislocated his shoulder. His friend Shawn rode back and got the car and drove it to Rick which took about 2 hours. Then Rick drove back to Arizona and took himself directly to a hospital. I called him around 10 p.m. and asked him where he was. This was the first contact I had from him. He was too afraid I'd get mad or something. I found out he was at the hospital and that his right arm right below the shoulder was broken! It hadn't been 9 months since his last motorcycle mishap with his broken ankle. So I got home around midnight from Kenzie's party and the gate to our backyard was open and all 3 of our dogs were missing. So I call Jon, Derek and Michael to come help look for them. Jon was the first on the scene and finds all 3 dogs on the next block up roaming around. Derek drives me down to the hospital and then I check Rick out and we get home about 2 a.m. What a night. Rick is resting and waiting to go to an orthopedic surgeon whenever we can get in. Hopefully he won't need any surgery. Hope your Halloween was less frightful.

No comments: