Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Hide Out

The weather is absolutely beautiful these past few days. It even rained this morning and a rainbow appeared. I took the dogs for a late walk this morning and watered the plants. I will be having the activity girls coming over today for an activity. I'm excited to have them. We are dipping pretzel rods into chocolate and then putting different toppings on them. The straight pretzel reminds them to "hold onto the rod" or (the word of God). I also have a game and they will talk about prayer. I had a neat experience with prayer last week. Derek couldn't find his wallet and he had looked all over the house for a day and a half. He was leaving for conference the next day and it was getting serious that he find his wallet. I was looking in his room everywhere for it and decided to give a heartfelt prayer to find it with all the faith I could muster. I had a really heavy feeling that it was not in his room but to look outside in the backyard. He had been playing with the dogs the night before and I thought that maybe it could have fallen in the bushes somewhere. So with the help of the dogs (not really much help) I started rumbling through the bushes. It hadn't been 5 minutes since I said that little prayer and it was like the wallet just jumped out at me when I was pushing around the flowers. My lesson today for the girls is on prayer and I will be sure to tell them that story. Sorry my bloggings have been off. But since the temple is closed for 2 weeks I thought I would dedicate my time to getting back to doing genealogy. I feel like I'm back in my little "hide out" again letting the world pass me by but getting excited at finding more family names to take to the temple. Our stake temple day is coming up and I want to have a bunch to take.

No comments: