Sunday, September 27, 2009

Relief Society Meeting

I loved listening to the General Relief Society meeting last night. Darla and I sat and watched it in her basement. My favorite part was when Julie Beck announced that all meetings to deal with Relief Society will be called a "Relief Society Meeting" or whatever your Ward wants to call it. That is a major change!!!!! A history making moment!!!!! I got a little chuckle out of that as I'm sure all Relief Society Sisters did. Really what is there in a name. That was very nice of them that they just gave the Wards back more power to act on how they want to run their meetings. I felt the main purpose of the meeting was to show how important the Lord thinks that Visiting Teaching is. I just got totally new visiting teachers and a new visiting teacher partner and am anxious to visit them, but will also miss visiting my old sisters. This meeting was like a shot in the arm (by the way I got my flu shot last week and it's still is a little sore). I want to have a whole new change of attitude. I loved it when one of the women spoke and said if the brethren felt that everyone needed to hear the Relief Society message that they would just have it read over the pulpit. I really never thought of it that way. The messages each month are just a tool and incentive to help you do your visiting teaching. We are really just a tool in Heavenly Fathers hand to bring about Charity to all.

1 comment:

Diane... said...

It was a good meeting but you and Darla were missed!!!!!