Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Backyard Banana's

This is the first year I've actually gotten banana's off of my banana plant. I bought the plant at
Home Depot a couple of years ago and just planted it for a lark. It's been growing out in the secret garden very slowly.
And then this year it just took off and started sprouting runners and now banana's. I think come
spring I'll go back to Home Depot and buy a few more. Maybe I'll have to rename it my "secret jungle". They are really a lot of fun and don't require much work. I planted mine next to a wall on the north side so it gets some shade and it gets irrigation water plus drip system water twice a week. Now I'll just have to keep the "poachers"(Kenzie and Michael) off of them till they ripen.
Oh by the way It's Raining tonight for the second time in a row. It smells so good and cools it down just a tad. We'll take whatever we can get. Thank You Lord.

2 comments:

Diane... said...

nANCY...GOOD JOB ON YOUR SECRET JUNGLE...tHAT IS SO COOL!! hAVE FUN WITH YOUR MISSIONARY TOMORROW!!!

Debbie said...

Wow, you really and truly do have some green acres over there. I had no idea that we could grow bananas here in AZ!