Sunday, September 20, 2009

Enjoyed the Journey

Today was my last day teaching in Young Women. After 8 years I finally got released from Young Women. I remember when I got called Kenzie was only 6 years old and I would have to drag her to the activities. I served as a Beehive Counselor and Mia Maid Advisor. Several times as Ward Camp director and Rick and I were Ma and Pa on the Pioneer Trek. I loved every minute serving with the great leaders ( I think I served under 4 Young Women Presidents: Marisa, Sarah, Diane H. and Nettie) and all the beautiful Young Women in our ward. It's been an incredible journey and I've learned so much. I am now going to be a teacher in the Relief Society and a Activity Day Leader with the younger girls. It won't be too much different in the amount of time I spend teaching and doing the activities.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

You will be wonderful in your new callings as you are in all that you do!! You might have a bit of withdrawals but as you settle into your new responsibilities I'm sure that you will love those callings as well. Joy in every journey!!

Diane... said...

not to be the post police (or blogging Nazi) but I think you have been in YW longer than that because you and Darla were Jodi's Beehive leaders and that had to have been 19 years ago....and that makes another YW pres. you served with AND YOU DO/DID IT SO WELL!!! YOU ARE AN AMAZING YW (AND OLD WOMEN) LEADER!!! see you in RS!

jt said...

Oh, Nancy, they will miss you so much! Relief Society is lucky to have you too.